World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Changes in game mechanics
Judging by the latest news, Blizzard are once again simplifying the game mechanics. Below are the changes that will be implemented in the system of item parameters (stats).
- MP5: the parameter will be removed from the list of item parameters and replaced with Spirit. All healers will be given some kind of meditation abit. Spell Power: also removed. Do not panic, intelligence will be added to item parameters, which will add mana and Spell Power.
- Atack Power: Will be removed from item parameters. Instead Dexterity will add the necessary Attack Power for those wearing leather and chainmail armor. Strength will add the required Attack Power for those wearing armor. This means that leather and chainmail armor will no longer be of interest to those who can wear armor.
- Protection: this parameter will also be removed, meaning players will now not have to worry about whether or not they have reached a mouthpiece. "Tanks will get the necessary anti-crit from talents".
- Armor Penetration: the parameter was always too "mathematical" and difficult to understand, it will be replaced by Mastery, a parameter that makes you better at what you do. This parameter will be mentioned later on.
- Speed (Haste): will also increase the rating at which you reach energy, gain runes and focus. Retripaladins and enhanshamans will have a talent that will boost this.
- Block: The parameter will be removed from the list.
- Stamina: players will notice that Stamina value on items with Defence, Spell Power, Attack Power and Armour Piercing will be increased
Comment: interesting information that leads to two things. One: the gameplay mechanics are getting even simpler. I remember in patch 3.0.2 there was a unification/simplification of parameters. Now it's getting even simpler. Now to make a decision to take or not to take, buy or not to buy the player will have to calculate fewer parameters. That is, the parameters themselves will remain somewhere inside the formulas, but on the surface will be something that is intuitive. I can already hear the cries of "okazulele! In principle, yes, simplification is evident. A player who does not want to delve deep into the theorycraft will be enough to compare two or three parameters and push the right button on the roll. The second point: bliz love to make us learn the facts in a new way, after the release of additions will have to deal with anew.
Postings on a related topic:
WoW Cataclysm: almost confirmed rumors
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. First faq
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. New instances
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. New World Map
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Some details about the archeology
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Hunters after Cataclysm
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. First screenshots
Want to read more about WoW? " The Blog Guide will help you.